Today’s post, in honour of Valentine’s Day, will be about something that is very close to my heart.
Snacks at work.
I feel very strongly about snacks at work, and have given this subject hours of thought. But for you, dear readers, I shall condense, and simply give you the Top Ten Reasons To Have Snacks At Work.
**Bonus! In honour of the holiday, you shall also receive Top Ten Snacks To Consume At Work. Lucky you!
Top Ten Reasons To Have Snacks At Work
1. They refuel you, both physically, and mentally
2. Great conversation starters!
3. If you keep your snacks in a separate area, or a fridge, the exercise to get there alone is totally worth it
4. Gives you something wonderful to look forward to
5. Can be very healthy, as in the case of my cherry flavoured Twizzlers shaped like hockey skates – cherry, of course, is a fruit
6. If you receive a rather heated email, just have a cookie and count to ten before responding
7. Some foods, like chips, make you thirsty, which can increase your water intake. And we all know you should try and get eight glasses of water per day
8. Breakfast is said to be the most important meal of the day. Second breakfast, therefore, must be twice as important
9. If you’re spouse or partner is planning a meal that you have no interest in, you can safely fill up on other foods so you won’t be hungry and have to eat their gross shiz
10. Eating makes me feel good
Top Ten Snacks To Consume At Work
1. Chips Ahoy Chocolate Chip Cookies, recently on sale at your local Shopper’s Drug Mart for only $1.99
2. Quaker Oats Chocolate Chip Granola Bars – often includes five bonus Air Miles if you purchase five boxes at Metro
3. Leftovers from a catered lunch the day before – the best part is that it’s free
4. Quaker Oats Peaches N’ Cream Oatmeal – it comes with a free tip of the day!
5. M&Ms. They taste great
6. Peanut Butter and Toast. Toast in itself offers all sorts of possibilities!
7. Triscuits. Mmm!
8. Almonds. Covered in chocolate
9. Trail mix. With M&Ms